03 June, 2008

List

Cindy thought it would be nice if I made a list of all the stuff that I still need to get so that if by some chance it might magically appear. So, here goes:

  • Fleece- Apparently good fleece is hard to come by in India and it will be greatly appreciated since the only heat in the winter is a wood burning stove or space heaters.
  • Headlamp- Flashlight that straps to your head. Said to be great to have.
  • Long Underwear- Cindy suggested Underarmor brand. It keeps you warm and helps wick away moisture.
  • Scarf- One is supposed to be in the works. A fluffy sheep as payment.
  • Sheets- The bed kind. Fit for a king.
  • Electric Blanket- So I don't have to jump into a cold bed on frigid winter nights (with fuse)
  • Moccasins- Mostly for lounging and keeping the feet warm. However, a nice pair with soles would be good so that I don't wear them out like I have with previous pairs when going on hikes outside. Sized 10, 10.5
  • Backpacking Stove- I've been meaning to email the school about this one. I have a sterno stove but I'm not sure how readily available sterno is over there. Ideally I would get a single burner propane stove but need to ask if that size propane tank (with the right fittings) would be available. What we need is a store that sells propane and propane related accessories.
  • Computer Bag- For toting my swag new laptop around (and probably lots of papers too).
  • T-shirts- Plain, white. Like how I like my bread (not really).
  • Socks- The regular kind for daily school use (dark) and thick, warm wooly ones for winter time.
  • Down Vest
  • Comic Books- A (not so) secret love of mine. The Marvel Essentials are pretty swag.
  • DVDs- Because there's not a lot to do in Mussoorie they say and having some favorites (like SCRUBS or the pre-Special Edition Star Wars original trilogy) would be nice for days when you need it to feel like home.
OK OK... no more shameless begging.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got ya covered on the comics. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my single issues (yes, I still buy them). So once you get there, you can expect the occasional package of books.

Hope you have the same taste as me. ;-)

Sarah said...

Let me know your address when you get there and I will send you care packages. Mom will be dropping some stuff from your wish list off for me. :)