07 April, 2009

3 quarters down


For as much crap as I gave Becky for not updating her blog I suppose I should at least try to do the same for you, my adoring audience.

Currently, we are in the final week of the third quarter. Break starts on Thursday after a shortened schedule. I am going to Haridwar and Rajaji with one of the dorm parents. We're taking a group of boys with us to get them away for a few days. He's planned it so I really don't know what we're doing or anything so it should be fun. I'll be sure and take lots of pictures to share. We'll be coming back on Easter.

Speaking of Easter, we had our Easter chapel this past Sunday. We had it early so that people could be gone on their break and not have to come back to school early. I was lucky enough to be selected as a dancer for a portion of it. It mainly consisted of me walking up to the stage with a third grader, twirling a ribbon, marching in a circle, doing the twist and walking back. There was also an interpretive dance about Ezekiel and the Dry Bones which was pretty cool. The accordion also made it's all-school debut (though not played by your most handsome and charming of authors).

So that's that. Things are hectic with getting grades done but it should be over and done with Wednesday.

Oh, almost forgot, I'm working on a thermit reaction to show my grade tens. If I end up not posting for a Becky-length you can assume the worst and I've done what all great chemists do.... dissolve into solution.




And so I'll leave you with these. A friend of mine was emailing them to me to try and stump me to no avail. See if you can work them out. No cheating. Answers when and if I return:


1
Zona, the nutty professor, gathered the class one day for an experiment. Zona began, "I have in my hands a rock and a piece of wood. I am going to place them in this beaker of mysterious liquid, and you may observe what happens." Surprisingly, the rock floated and the wood sank! He turned to the class and said, "My question is: What is this mysterious liquid in the beaker?"

[This one creeped me out because I actually had a weird instructor for Organic Lab I named Zona.]


2
Which of the following atomic elements does not belong in the following list?

Carbon, Neon, Silicon, Phosphorus, Iodine, Xenon





Florence Flask was preparing for a night at the opera when all of a sudden she exclaimed,

"Erlenmeyer! My Joules! Someone has stolen my Joules!"

To which her husband replied,

"Calm down my dear, do not overreact. I'm sure we will find a solution!"

1 comment:

maggie said...

Sometimes I just read and shake my head, because I know you're funny and smart ... I just don't understand why!

Love you!