09 November, 2009

Activity Week

So, this past week was what Woodstock calls Activity Week. I was going to briefly write about each day but I was focusing too much on the negatives of the week so I'm just going to post a bunch of pictures and hope you figure it out. Enjoy rural, northern India.

























On another note. Not to worry anyone or anything like that but while we were out in the villages apparently some threats were made on Woodstock and some other schools in India and Denmark by some terrorists in Chicago. Security has been ramped up and I really don't see a reason why anyone sure worry. I'm not. I'll keep you all posted as to our situation.


Also thought I'd let you all know that I am considering a third year here. It makes sense. I enjoy the kids a lot (especially my grade 11 advisees), I get along well with my coworkers, three years is really a good length of time to get to know what you're teaching, etc. There are downsides too. Things like your coworkers also being your drinking buddies, conversation revolves around school, a cloistered feeling. I figure I'll at least see what the new contract has to say and I'll make a decision soon.

3 comments:

Bill Kinzie said...

The trekking, blogging, faculty are really posting great pictures! What is the name of this village. I've seen it several times now. Good "people" pics, too. The pics seem to originate from better than average cameras, too.

yankeefan #27 World Champs said...

The pictures are awesome! But what is up with the guy with the rope mask thingy?

Wow kind of scary that the School received some threats. I'm an accountant an I work for a bank in Jersey an in 2006 for some odd reason
(or maybe the fact that I work with insane people) our mailed was question because it had some strange powder on it. Now mind you the one that handles the mail not only worked with gloves but I believe he used baby powder too cause he was allergic to the latex. Well needless to say he freaked out when he saw this powder ( I still think it was the baby powder but that's me) He ran to the President's office drop the mail on his desk the powder went all over the place next thing you know the president and him are screaming like maniacs and running all over the place ( it was quite comical well at the time it was scary you have to see the size of these two guys) to make a insane/long story short we were all quarantine at the bank (fun stuff! not) till we all got shower down (something out of the movie Silkwood) My poor parents were terrified! My Church was praying for me but that is good I need prayer LOL!!! The thing is who is going to try to hurt or bomb a little savings and loan bank? I mean if I worked in NY for some international back I could understand this but for a small bank in NJ? Crazy I tell you.
Anyhoot I will stop rambling an enjoy the pics. Good luck on your decision whether or not to stay at Woodstock.

Becky said...

Hopefully it is really nothing to worry about, but I'm gonna worry anyway, mmkay?

Still going back and forth about an extra year I see. You know I support your decision whatever you choose. So long as you're safe and happy that's all that matters to me.

Did you receive the package I sent to you yet? I hope so, and hopefully it made it in one piece!

Miss you, love you, wish you were here-
beck