21 February, 2010

Video

Recently, we have upgraded our internet connection from 2MB/s to 12MB/s. A faster connection means that blogger won't time out when I try to upload videos. Less timing out means I can put up more videos. Here's one of the singing bowl dad gave me while he was here. Buddhists sometimes use these while meditating. Unless I'm mistaken, the symbols on the outside are the mantra "Om mani padme hum" but I can only find it written in Tibetan and it's not matching up. It's possible that it is written in Nepali or another similar language. If anyone can recognise it, let me know.




On the school front, things have started off relatively smoothly. We just had class night on Friday so we took the eleventh graders up to the gym to hang out and have a football (soccer) tournament. There was also a Korean film crew on campus doing a documentary on boarding schools in India. I teach a few of the students they were shadowing so they filmed me for a bit. Nothing big; just an interview, watching me prep and then a lab in class. The part I enjoyed the most was after they filmed the lab the cameraman proceeded to dig his way through the stacks of comics in my room. It's good to see that Spider-Man is really universal.

3 comments:

Bill Kinzie said...

Glad you can share your extraordinary experiences with your Dad! Liked the video of the bowls...now get 8 in the correct sizes to make a major scale and you can play a tune. Or 5 (pentatonic scale) and still play lotsa songs! heheheh

Yankeefan said...

Cool bowl!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay, comics!