01 March, 2010

Gym Night

So, I definitely get a bit more exercise here than I typically would back home in the states. That happens when you live on the side of a hill and actually do walk up hill to school and back home. Well, there have been staff gym nights pretty much ever since the new gym opened up last semester. I, however, have neglected them.

Well, last Friday I got talked into attending. I played volleyball in my dresspants and socks. Now, anyone who knows me knows I never played any sports growing up. Sure, mom and dad made EVERY OTHER sibling of mine play soccer but finally gave up when it came to me. I think that has part to do with my lack of hand-eye coordination and depth perception. It's enjoyable even if I suck terribly. Tonight I played badminton with some friends. I lost every game I played but did improve throughout the night (I think). I went from losing a game 21-0 to losing a game 21-19. I still think it was because we switched partners though. I took a few dives (out of dedication) and we'll see how my knee is doing tomorrow morning.

Gym nights are every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I think I'll go at least once a week (maybe twice). Of course, our Tavern nights are usually Wednesdays or Fridays so maybe I'll just commit to the gym whichever night I'm not consuming mass quantities.

It's not too late to make New Year's resolutions is it? Heck, the lunar new year was only a few weeks ago.

3 comments:

Sloth Love Chunk said...

"I took a few dives (out of dedication)"

i lol'd when i read this.

as soon as i get everything back on track with my health i think itll be time for erin and i to get back into our exercise routine.

really exercise just makes you feel better even if you hurt yourself diving to the floor.

Becky said...

nothing like a bad game of badminton. :)

miss you.

maggie said...

Good for you, James!