16 December, 2008

Update



So it's been a little over a week. Neglect, I know, but technically, I'm still doing better than Becky. (There are too many commas in that last sentence. Meh...) Having Matt post on her blog does not count. Here's a few to throw back as an update.

I'm not sure if that even means anything.

Anywho,

The first semester is officially over. The kids have left. Well, most. Not the day scholars and the Koreans, Bhutanese, and a few others are still around until tomorrow. I only had a few setbacks with grading but everything got done and on time.

I got my accordion straps today. They were made by one of the local cobblers. They're adjustable and seem to be pretty strong. I'm pleased as punch that I am actually able to play the accordion now. We'll see about a performance.

I went down to Dehra Dun today with Maureen and Jane, two of our 'more aged' staff members. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but if I was able to find something to get for Christmas gifts I'd pick it up.

All I got was this damn tree.


It cost me Rs.100 or about $2. It's very Charlie Brown-esque. That's why I just had to have it. I saw it there, small, lonely, and I could just envision placing one red ball ornament on it and it would sag right over. That tree needed me.

I should start working on xmas presents in the next day or two. No promises, but I may document the process. I've chosen to be somewhat ambitious this year. Now, I've made lobsters before so I'll let you guess how ambitious I am. It promises to be frustrating.

I'm not sure, but I could be rambling. Probably has something to do with the amount of sleep I've had recently. I haven't slept a full night in about a week. Woke up at 3 this morning. Gotta love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, James, and the fact that you have a very Charlie Brown look on your face in the picture with the tree. I'm looking forward to your Greatest Hits of the Accordion CD.

You're the awesomest.

Matt said...

Are your christmas presents going to look anything like these?

Becky said...

who said I made him? It honestly was all his idea.

And I'm putting in an order for that unicorn, just so you know.

Unknown said...

Ha - looking at that tree, I can hear the Peanuts theme already ...


... and I agree with Bex. I've got an order in for a baby-eating al-ee-gay-tor. (Though road kill kitty was pretty cool too.)