18 July, 2008

I'm arrived

I'm alive.

That said, let me bore you with the details.

We got to the airport bright and early. Cindy parked the car while dad and I checked bags. The gal at the counter tried billing us $400 for extra bags and being overweight. I had her call Air India and they told her it should be $200. After dad and Cindy cried like babies I passed through security and got to my plane.

The layover in JFK was pretty boring. Nine hours of sitting around was just amazing. I made phone calls (sorry if I didn't get to you, my phone was running out of juice (you lika da juice?)) and walked all around the international terminal. The flight to London was uneventful. I fell asleep during Blazing Saddles but managed to stay awake for 2001. Figure that one out. I sat between to Indian fellows who were coming back for vacation. They were nice to talk to and gave me a few pointers about India. After a brief stop in London it was back on the same plane and going straight to Delhi. I can't complain about the airline food but it felt a lot like they just served us a meal every hour or so.

It wasn't until going through customs that I met other people going to Woodstock. There was actually about nine of us on the flight. So far everyone seems really cool. Most of us spent the day getting lost in Delhi and picking up some new garb.

My sinuses are driving me nuts. I think it was all the altitude changes that did it. Basically, they're draining and really making my throat sore. Other than that though, I'm fine. The food's been mild and the tea plenty. I'll see about getting some pics up when I get to school. I had the camera with me all day but forgot about it. Anywho, big staff meeting/dinner in a few minutes. Need to get going.

11 comments:

Maggie said...

Glad you are there and getting your bearings. Can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Keep drinking the tea; it may help soothe your sore throat.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've made it OK. Now give us some pictures!

Cindy Rice said...

That's why I sent Tylenol. It will help your throat feel better along with the tea.

I think Barack was a bit shocked when I called to tell him you had made it to India, but he was happy to know. Also, the lady at Wal-Mart who thought you were going to Indiana was pleased to know you made it.

Becky said...

Hurray for internet access! I'm sure you guessed that I was worried about you. ;) Love you lots!

Camber Carpenter said...

I'm so happy you made it safely to India!
You're pretty much a rock star.
In fact, you're going to work at Woodstock--and you know who else "worked" at Woodstock, right? Yes, Jimi Hendrix. That is correct. So really, you two are almost the same person. But you are much cooler and much less stoned.
don't fall off the train. please.

Unknown said...

But Hendrix never played the accordian.

I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not.

Cindy Rice said...

The accordian has arrived in Jacksonville, soon on it's way to Musoorie. Yay!

Becky said...

hope you are doing well. i'd like to see some pics when you have the time. :) miss you.

sheeleyw said...

James... post again....that's an order.

Camber Carpenter said...

I'm actually going to have to agree with Mr. Barrett Sheeley, James. Kinda can't believe it's come to this.

Unknown said...

Waiting ...