06 August, 2008

First Day of School

Piece of cake. And boy, did I look sharp. Sweater, tie, nice shoes, the whole bit.

Can't believe I forgot to put up the derivation for PV=nRT from HY=EY. Oh well, there's two classes I've yet to have met.

The thing that sucks though is that today was the easy day.

And aside from 15.August (Indian Independence Day) I don't get any days off until winter break. Well, there's activity week but then I'm stuck hiking in the mountains or going to Delhi with the kids. Hiking would be great... Delhi not so much. Even that though isn't until November.

*sigh*

I've signed my life away to the land of perpetual wet for a good part of the year. Eh, that last sentence just has poor phrasing. I'm here for two years. It's wet here for a good part of the year. Workin' for the weekend right?

Highlights from today:

-The look of fear in every kids eye as I told them we were having a test today. (Just to see what they already know.

-I got asked if I'm Scottish (he said it was the beard) right after I said I'm from the states.

-Totally skipped my lunch duty. (On accident)

-We had momos for dinner. Quite a nice change from rice and daal and mutton curry. Ice cream cones for dessert too!

-It's over! (almost, need to do some more planning)

-I butchered almost every kid's name and they laugh when I tell them my name is Mr Rice.


---

Oh, and sorry, looks like AIM is a no go for the time being (except AIM express, which sucks). I was told that google messenger isn't blocked (they have a messenger?) so I think I'll try downloading that and seeing how it works. SKYPE is also another option they said.

Talked to the HS art teacher yesterday and she hooked me up with a sketch pad and some graphites. Funny thing is, I did draw last night but it was with a ballpoint pen on lined paper (my favourite media).

Last thing, maybe, apparently some of the staff had arts and crafts nights last year where they got together and sewed and whatnots. I emailed one of the gals and asked if she knew where I could get some supplies for stuffed animals. So the girls may not be neglected this Christmas. They may get stuffed leeches though.



Edit: Yep, Google Talk works. niftysunburn Doesn't look like you can video chat but at least it would be real time chat and I wouldn't have to go through AIM Express. Get a Gmail account.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you totally missed ten on Tuesday, and it was only your second week.

Buck the trend, man! Post ten on Friday if ye wish!

Love your recap of Day One. Honestly, I cannot believe you forgot to put up the derivation for PV=nRT from HY=EY ... but then I have no idea what any of that means.

Love you. Miss you. I'll be having curry on August 15 to celebrate Indian Independence Day!

Anonymous said...

Cindy has us headed for Skype, probably because it allows video.

Installed it today, but could not test since I have no camera or michrophone. She did it first and called me as a test... it worked.

Unknown said...

Gtalk is a nice little web-based app. I use it everyday at work ...

Camber Carpenter said...

I'll probably be getting Skype, too. And since we'll at least be closer in time zone, we could chat at a relatively convenient time for both of us.
Camber