22 August, 2008

Friday

TGIFF

I'll let you decide what the second 'F' stands for.


Anywho, it's good that it's Friday. I finally understand the meaning of working for the weekend. It's not that I dislike my job, just that it's pretty stressful and having the weekend to just chill out is nice.

This morning I woke up because I had this strange dream. It was in colour. I was in Turkey of all places with a few people from school and someone I didn't recognize.. maybe a turk. Anywho, the guy I don't know was driving us in a van. We had stopped because one of my friends had wanted to get some coffee so he hopped out and got it. We took off again and were on a highway coming in to the city and there were these huge sconces. They dwarfed buildings and their flames were a vivid orangish yellow. I couldn't get my camera out b/c another friend was sitting on my bag. I asked her to give me copies of the pictures b/c it was just amazing. Another friend then told us to get close so she could take our picture. As we did there was a tap tap tap on the back window of the van. We looked behind us and saw our friend, coffee in hand, clinging to the back of the van. I guess we sped off without him. When I woke up I remember thinking to myself, 'Huh?' and that's pretty much how I feel about it now. I talked to one of my pals about it and she took her hand at interpreting it for me. She said that it was important because it was in colour and that I felt comfortable around those people and that's why they were there. She also said that I like to get rid of my one friend sometimes b/c he can be a pain in the ass and that's why we left him behind. She also said something about the sconces being important b/c the way I described them to her as being like the Olympic Torch. And she said Turkey b/c that's one place I'd really like to go.

Who knows what it all means?

So, classes went pretty well. I'm still not used to the block schedule. No two days are the same during the week so class times are always changing and it's very difficult to keep track of how long you have for a class. I'm getting through it though. Somehow...

We also had our first exploratory block this afternoon. Apparently no one was interested in campfire skits and songs so they nixed it. I didn't find out until tea break this morning so thank goodness I didn't put anything together last night. Instead, I'm helping out another teacher with a first aid class. Not really the most exciting thing to do but I can certainly handle it. We'll see how it goes. Maybe at quarter break I'll look into the comic book thing. I think that would probably go over better.

This evening was adviser night. I am an adviser for 10 grade 10 students. I brought them over to my place and we had some Dominoes. The pizza was late, cold and not very plentiful. Next time I'll get larges. The kids enjoyed themselves though, I think. After dinner I had them play a game I had played with some staff members. You divide up into two teams and pick a person, a book and a movie for the other team to do a sort of charades meets telephone. You stand in a line and the person in the back acts it out for the next person while the others are facing the other way. Then they do it for the next, etc etc etc. (ah... Yule Brenner... quite the quotable man.) It was a lot of fun even if they didn't follow the rules and talked the entire time. Later we had some ice cream and chatted about things. They're all good kids and I'm looking forward to doing more stuff with them.

It's 10.30. I'm hella tired. I think I'm going to turn in early this evening. I think I'll end up going down to the bazaar again tomorrow. I want to try and get my hair trimmed and maybe pick up some more homey items. I finally got some plates and cups. Bowls and silverware are looking like necessities. Maybe I'll even stop by the Cambridge bookstore again for a bit of an early self birthday present. If I do end up going down I'll take the camera and (hopefully) use it this time.

10 comments:

Becky said...

you mean they didn't want to talk to a genuine moose wrangler? pfff...i know i would.

can't wait for you to get skype/aol!
miss you, love you!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend, James.

Apparently, campfire skits and songs are not a big hit in your new part of the world ... but the more they get to know you, the more your "stuff" will appeal. Until then, well ... they just don't know what they're moosing.

Camber Carpenter said...

James, I've never seen a moose. Can you fix that?
Oh, I have critters in my apartment now, too. It's all part of my scheme to be just like you. Lizards.
Be well--don't stess too much. Stress a little, or otherwise turn into a lazy pile.
take care.

Unknown said...

I know! I know!

The F stands for falafel.


And you've got some falafeled up dreams. Lay off the curry before bedtime.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to adulthood!
Hope you enjoyed your day at the bazaar.

Anonymous said...

They're all good kids and I'm looking forward to doing more stuff with them.

I don't want to see you on the news JAMES

Becky said...

Pfff, it's FREAKIN WEDNESDAY now, no longer Friday. I think it's time to update the blog.

I'm thinking...birthday post?? :)

love you, miss you, wish you were here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Dude, seriously, where's the update? Whaddya think this is, your birthday?

Sheesh.

I'm eating cupcakes tonight!

jessicat said...

Happy Birthday James! Hope you have had a good one. (I think you are likely asleep by now and we have all but missed most of it.

Love and miss you (even if we didn't get to see you much.

The Trimmer Family

Anonymous said...

Update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

PLEASE?