19 August, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Blah blah blah, Maggie was whining about neglecting my blog duties. Heaven forbid I should do my actual job. Anywho, here's ten:

1- Teaching is getting better. I'm still disorganized as Hell but I'm getting there. Tonight is actually the first night I haven't HAD to come back home to prep until 11. That's nice.

2- That's actually a bad simile up there. I'm pretty sure Hell is very organized. There's lots of sinners down there that need repenting. I'm sure they use Excel spreadsheets and Outlook to keep everything running smoothly. Of course, they probably run them on Macs too.

3- I'm down a prep. Last week we had one of the science teachers resign for her own reasons. This gave me the opportunity to pick back up that Chem 10 I gave her and pawn off the Chem 11 on someone else. Sure, it's sad to see her go, but it actually helped me out. Wow, that really makes me sound like an asshole. I'm leaving it. James-Rice-not-so-nice right?

4- I've joined a sewing/crafts group. Really, it's me and a bunch of old ladies doing our own various projects. We met last night for some soup and just talking. I have an idea of what I want to do and know where I can get stuff. Alice, Sarah, and Kaylee... you all can be expecting pieces by Christmas. Hopefully. So far projects I've come up with: an elephant, a monkey, a tiger, a moose, and a marionette version of Mr Punch.

5- I have Advisor Night this Friday. I'm in charge of 10 grade 10 kids. So, to get to know them I have invited them over for some Dominoes and some games. I'd watch a movie but I don't have a tv, dvd player, or even any dvds. Now... if only my dominoes hadn't gotten unpacked... Cindy... we could've had Dominoes and dominoes. Yeah... these kids think I'm weird.

6- I made it on the Eyebrow on my own last night. Now, that sentence just sounds funny. The Eyebrow is a path that takes you up the hill and is far more level than going via the road. The thing is, it's extremely treacherous. It was dark, there are no lights on the path, it started raining, the moss and mold make it extremely slippery, it's very narrow, trees pop out of the side of the hill to block your path so you have to lean over the cud to get around them, and there is a guard rail but it comes up to your knees so if you do slip it flips you over so you go head first into the cud. It was quite the accomplishment if I were to toot my own horn. I told everyone about it today.

7- My mold is growing back... for the second time this week.

8- There's pottery on Thursday nights for staff. I might go and check it out. I wouldn't mind making my own coffee/tea pot or mug.

9- I have finally gotten around to writing down all of my ideas for a comic. They all center around the Kung-Fu Cowboy. It's my pet project. We'll see if it gets off the ground, there are lots of other projects too.

10- Rather than think of something else to put in for number 10 I took my length of rope and tied in a Turk's Head so that I could put it down instead.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whining? WHINING? I was not whining. I was ... explaining. Discussing. Pointing out your obvious neglect of your blog. But whining? No.

THIS is why I love Ten on Tuesday. Just give us gentle readers ten things to ponder about your life. It keeps us in the loop, makes us smile, helps us feel connected. And by "us" I mean "me".

Love you. Moose you.

Unknown said...

Face it Mags. You're like the crazy old lady landlord demanding her rent.

"Where's my update? I need my update. You slackers!"

Except that you can't kick us out into the street.

(BTW - I've already updated my blog twice this week. Thinking I'll take next week off.)

James, sounds like you're settling in. Sorry about the mold. And I can't believe you've joined a sewing circle. Geez - you're such an old lady. ;-)

sheeleyw said...

i went to hettick today....

Miss Serling said...

1- Teaching is getting better. I'm still disorganized as Hell

DIDN'T I TEACH YOU ANYTHING ... ORGANIZATION IS KEY
D I S A P P O I N T E D

2-I'm sure they use Excel spreadsheets and Outlook to keep everything running smoothly. Of course, they probably run them on Macs too.

I LOVE EXCEL ... AND I WANT A MAC

3- teachers resign

I WANT TO AND I'M NOT EVEN TEACHING

4- I've joined a sewing/crafts group.

MUST I SAY ANYTHING

... AND 8 - MAKE ME A VASE PLEASE .. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO TAKE A CLASS LIKE THAT!

K DONE <3

Anonymous said...

Hey, when's the quilting bee?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making the Eyebrow!

You'd love Excel if you just gave it a chance... really. It is not a tool of the devil.

And last but not least, I can't wait to see the Kung-Fu Cowboy and whichever animal you decide Kaylee needs for Christmas. Not many kids have whole collections of stuffed animals made by their uncle. It's so cool.

Camber Carpenter said...

Lei-Ho! it's me, Camber, the copy cat.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, is it not?

Sounds like you're settling in much better than I.
Things will get better...

glad to hear you're embracing your geriatric feminine side with the arts and crafts group. nice. learn how to knit a canoe. then sail to HK. But not now because we're in a typhoon :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm included in the list of people who are getting presents! I'm also glad you joined a sewing group. I'm jealous cause I'll never have time to.

Unknown said...

FUCK IOWA!!!!